I can’t for the life of me remember where I wrote my banana bread recipe. I thought it was in my blog Recipes for Aimee. It’s not there. It’s here now. I promised Reya from yoga that I’d sent it to her.
10 oz of plain flour
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
4oz of softened butter
8oz of caster sugar
4 ripe mashed bananas
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 fl oz of milk
1.5 teaspoons of lemon juice
2 beaten eggs
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven at 180° about 170° -175° fan assisted
2. Grease and line a loaf tin
3. Sour the milk by adding the lemon juice and put to one side.
4. Sieve the flour, baking soda and salt and put to one side.
5. Cream together the softened butter and sugar together. (I cheat, I melt the butter in a microwave and then mix it together!)
6. Add the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract and soured milk to the butter and sugar mixture.
7. Mix well.
8. Fold in the flour.
9. Pour mixture into the baking tin.
10. Bake in the oven for around an hour. Check on it after about 50-55 minutes (depending on the ferocity of your oven)
11. Turn out onto a baking tray and leave to cool.